(We’ve learned that we should separate the description from the podcast in two posts to avoid cluttering up the iTunes description. You’ll find the podcast streamable and iTunes-able directly below this post.)
In Episode I:
Mike and Tony try to set up shop by introducing who we are, what this podcast will accomplish, and how we became interested in philosophy. We then cover hard hitting issues such as: who should study philosophy, why anyone would choose philosophy as a major in college, and if a philosophy major’s resume is destined for an interview or the trash.
- Tony references Quantum Leap, Star Treks II and III, and the movie Se7en. He needs to get current on his references.
- Mike’s MN accent is more hardcore than Tony’s.
- Bruce Lee was a “philosopher major.”
- Podcasting is awkward and hard; we hope to find our groove by Episode IV. The first 3 Episodes of Star Wars don’t count either.
- Editing out Uh’s and Giggles is time consuming. Mike totally lost it at the end, so pardon the jumpiness. We hope to get better at that too.
Again, we appreciate your interest and encourage any comments or topic ideas!
Mike and Tony